Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Let's See That Again



This Thursday baseball will put in place the ruling to be able to go to instant replay on "boundary calls" or balls that deal with home runs and fouls. Bud Selig, although he describes himself as an "old fashioned" guy, folded in on this issue because of all the ridiculous calls this season. As for Chicago Cubs Lou Pinella, "I'd love to be able to throw a red hankie or a green hankie. Imagine being able to throw something on the field and not be ejected. I shouldn't say it's not going to work, but this could turn into a little bit of a fiasco initially". I think screw the hankie let the signal for a challenge be throwing a chair or water cooler out there. I think we would all be a little happier that way. As for the timing of this, I think it sucks. It would make much more sense to just start the season off with it rather than initiating it with about 30 games left. Anyway it probably is a good thing as long as it doesn't end up growing which Selig assures won't, "Not as long as I'm commissioner". Bud your not gonna be alive forever, what about the kids Bud, what about the kids?

No comments: